Arcane Explosion

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A game site for cool bros.

5 posters

The Game Begins

Shojaux

The Game Begins - Page 3 Empty Re: The Game Begins

Post  Shojaux Sat May 07, 2011 5:52 pm

"Wait," Shojaux turns to Aedl. "Did you say that you hear this fox in your head?"
    Arandur

Post  Arandur Sat May 07, 2011 5:54 pm

Aedl grins. "There are more things in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy. If you can't even comprehend a simple emotive link, perhaps it's no wonder you're confused about people's names." For a moment Aedl thinks about patting Shoujax on the head condescendingly, but decides against it. She doesn't know where that head has been.
    Shojaux

Post  Shojaux Sat May 07, 2011 5:57 pm

"Emotive link? With a fox? Don't tell me...you must be one of those Druids." Shojaux is obviously quite impressed. "I've never known one to have a fox as a companion before."
    Arandur

Post  Arandur Sat May 07, 2011 6:03 pm

"Good guess, but I'm actually a paladin of the Hidden City of Ash-Kelon. The link with the fox is the result of an alchemical accident, but I wouldn't give it up for the world. Besides, now I can smell colors." Aedl nods, smiling amiably in contrast to her earlier cold ambivalence. "At least, I smell things that I think are colors. The correlation could be a coincidence."
    Shojaux

Post  Shojaux Sat May 07, 2011 6:11 pm

"Ah, a paladin." Shojaux is obviously disappointed. "Shame, I like Druids. Very good for business, they are. There was this one band of them that came through our woods 2 years back. They loved the Dragon Armor that we made for them. It was the strangest thing though, all of their animals were birds. I've seen druids with all sorts of animals, but never a group such as this." You can tell that Shojaux has a great interest in (and a healthy respect for) Druids.
    Arandur

Post  Arandur Sat May 07, 2011 6:17 pm

"Oh, Shoujax." Aedl sighs, and succumbs to the urge to pat him on the head in heavy condescension. "I was lying. It's a technique called sarcasm. I am, in fact, a druid." She shakes her head, tutting sadly, before turning to the other members of her band. "So! Let's rescue my fox. Maybe our weapons will be there, and then we can lay waste to this horrid encampment. Our steel will be stained with human blood." She grins toothily, her eyes shining with a marked disconnect from sanity. "Their sins are many and varied, but chief of all of them is their rudeness. There was no reason to separate Toka and I; my cage was certainly large enough for us both. Our revenge shall be swift and merciless! For freedom! For justice!" She pumps her fist in the air, as is appropriate for a stirring speech of this caliber.

Of course, by this point she's nowhere near the "trying to stay quiet" threshold.
    Shojaux

Post  Shojaux Sat May 07, 2011 6:23 pm

Shojaux immediately draws his sword and turns toward the camp. "Great, thanks to this crazy druid, they're sure to have heard us. (in Draconic) May the first blood tasted by the blade known as "Dragon Life" grant me the strength of the black dragon."
    Arandur

Post  Arandur Sat May 07, 2011 6:31 pm

Aedl raises her eyebrows. "Oh, calm down. There's no one nearby. We'll have plenty of time to find our weapons, and my fox. Come on." She strides boldly forth from the doorway of her cell, casting her eyes around for a clue as to where she might look.
    Celesarn
    Admin

Post  Celesarn Sat May 07, 2011 6:55 pm

Ladiel's eyes are momentarily wide open in awe at this strange girl, and she decides to try to not let her get herself killed. "Your weapons are probably hidden in the coach of this car. I don't know about your ... about Toka. Can you tell which direction he's in?"
    Arandur

Post  Arandur Sat May 07, 2011 7:04 pm

Aedl pauses, thinking about it for a moment. "Oh. Well, yes, I know roughly where she is. That way." She points toward the nearest tent to the East, about 30 yards thence, and smiles. "But let's grab some weapons first, so we can chop some heads along the way.

Last edited by Arandur on Mon May 09, 2011 6:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
    Shojaux

Post  Shojaux Sat May 07, 2011 7:33 pm

"Do you enjoy killing, or do you just enjoy revenge?"
    Arandur

Post  Arandur Sat May 07, 2011 7:42 pm

The question gives Aedl some pause, and she tilts her head to one side as she ponders the question. Finally, she nods, and says "Revenge is my primary motivation in this case, but yes, I cannot deny that the act of killing a foe has a certain je ne sais quoi about it, a thrill. But no, I'm not a psychopath. I kill when it suits my needs, not needlessly."
    Carusco

Location : Somewhere in the universe. I thought that was obvious.

Post  Carusco Sat May 07, 2011 8:17 pm

Hehta gives Aedl a strange look that she can't quite read... the expression could be pained, accusing, or simply the elf thinking that she's crazy, or possibly a combination.
    Shojaux

Post  Shojaux Sat May 07, 2011 8:19 pm

"Oh, well that's a relief. All I have to do to stay alive then is to stay off of your bad side. By the way, are you insane or do you simply come across that way?"
    Arandur

Post  Arandur Sun May 08, 2011 12:52 am

Aedl grins madly. "Another good question, though you're doubtless asking the wrong person. If I'm sane, I'll tell you I'm sane; if I'm insane, though, I won't know it, so I'll insist I'm sane. But yes; stay off my bad side and you'll likely be safe."
    Shojaux

Post  Shojaux Mon May 09, 2011 7:08 am

"Is that how it is?" Shojaux looks puzzled. "There was a man in my village that was insane and knew it. Was it just his case then?"
    Arandur

Post  Arandur Mon May 09, 2011 12:16 pm

"Perhaps, in that case," says Aedl with a wry smile, "he was just messing with you. Now! Onward and forward we go." And with that, she strides boldly forth in the direction of her beloved fox.
    Carusco

Post  Carusco Mon May 09, 2011 4:09 pm

Hehtarusco mindlessly follows the druid, not really paying attention to what she's doing.
    Shojaux

Post  Shojaux Tue May 10, 2011 1:04 pm

Shojaux falls into stride along-side Hehta and shakes her shoulder lightly. "Hey, pay attention. It doesn't look like they've noticed us yet, but you can't be spacing out when we're this close to an enemy! "Those who stay focused stay alive to later ponder." If I'd listened to my master, then I wouldn't have this." He gestures to his vivid scar.
    Carusco

Post  Carusco Tue May 10, 2011 4:19 pm

Hehta just looks at him for a moment, then nods. "Sorry," she says. "I have a lot on my mind..." Obviously not wanting to dwell on this, she changes the subject. "Should we follow her, though? We don't want her doing anything that might alert the enemy of our presence.
    Shojaux

Post  Shojaux Tue May 10, 2011 5:05 pm

Shojaux sighs. "True enough. Although, I don't think we would be able to convince her to be quiet. It's hard to rationalize with one who is insane. It's sad, rely."
    Carusco

Post  Carusco Thu May 12, 2011 4:30 pm

"Hmm..." says the elf, not quite knowing how to respond.
    Celesarn
    Admin

Post  Celesarn Mon May 16, 2011 7:14 am

Allow me to handle the response for you.

As you approach the nearest tent, you suddenly see two guards walking around the south corner towards you. Upon sighting you, they retreat back behind the tent immediately. Nearly as soon as they disappear, you hear more footprints coming towards you from their direction.

You each get a turn if you want it, or you can choose to just brace yourself for attack. Initiative stars now.

Shojaux:20
    Hehtarusco:19
    Aedl Foxe:2

You had, until now, failed to realize, but Ladiel has disappeared somehow. Have fun.
    Shojaux

Post  Shojaux Mon May 16, 2011 3:32 pm

Boreí to pró̱to aíma dokimázontai apó ti̱ lepída eínai gno̱stí̱ o̱s "Dráko̱n zo̱í̱" dó̱se mou ti̱ dýnami̱ tou máv̱rou drákou. Synklonistikí̱ syllávoume. (You all see a spark of electricity jump from Shojaux's right temple to his shoulder, to elbow, to wrist, and into his sword.) He braces himself for battle. "Let's get this over with."
    Carusco

Post  Carusco Mon May 23, 2011 4:18 pm

Hehtarusco sighs angrily. "Where's Ladiel?" she says, annoyed. She knocks an arrow and pulls back the string, ready to shoot at the first sign of an enemy.

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Thu May 16, 2024 10:29 pm